Nana sent us a picture of some black out shades from IKEA and I went down to our local one and picked up one for Joshua's room and one for Matthew's room (which was defective...need to take that back). I got Joshua's all set up in advance of us teaching him to sleep in his own room...which I will start with naptime today. I am actually very excited about it. I think I will be changing the curtain rod to his football one rather than the ones that came with the house because this one won't hold the weight of the curtains. I raised it so it wouldn't be touching the floor (one less curtain to take up). I picked the gray color because black just seemed so dreary and down for a little boys room and white, well, who puts white in a little boys room?
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Black Out Shades
This weekend we are getting Joshua's dresser out of storage so I look forward to that and getting his closet re-organized since the bin that is in it won't be holding his clothes anymore. I plan to get his name back up on the wall as well. I put most of his stuffed animals into a space saver bag to go into storage under the house since he NEVER plays with them and just kept out a few of the ones that he either likes to dance around or that I will put up on shelves for decor.
Here is the corner of the room where his bed is.
With the new blinds open
With the blinds closed but the curtains open
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















2 amazing comments:
Do you love those shades??
There are better than the cheap blinds that came with the house. I'm actually thinking of getting one for our bedroom because the farm light is right outside our window.
I hate that I have to go back because the other one was broken, but oh well. They are really inexpensive too.
Post a Comment