Well, the home Joshua has grown up in thus far has been sold. We signed the contract today and closing is on March 31st (twenty-one days from now). In a small way it will be hard to leave the house and I am most likely to cry as we pull away for the very last time. This is the home that we moved into after getting married, we had many happy memories...I can remember digging up the grass to extend out the flower bed closest to the house...planting all our roses, and most of all....bringing Joshua home from the hospital to this house. He learned to roll, crawl, stand-up alone, and walk in this house.
Although I am looking forward to starting new memories out on the land as we build our house and get my huge vegetable garden, chickens, and the cows (or as Uncle John says...home grown steaks). We aren't going to have a huge amount of animals...the ones we will have will be for food (so I probably shouldn't name the goat, Billy). I am hoping to make the home as self-sufficient as possible. Plant and grow what vegetables/fruits we eat regularly in meals so that I can can them and keep them always on hand when it is not growing season to do it all again the next year. The animals will be taken to a butcher to have the cuts of meat put aside to put in the freezer for later.
I know many are reading this asking...where are you going to live while the house is being built. Well, we are going to be living in a 5th wheel. How confining!!! I know that you thought that just now...well, most of the time is going to be in the summer time. Where do most kids want to be in the summer? OUTSIDE. And when you have an animal loving child like I do what better place to be than playing with the animals and swimming in your pool (well the blow up kind). Then there is always story time at the library, the park just down the road, and of course there are bound to be some play dates with any kids in the Elgin Congregation.
Here is the floor plan to the 5th wheel we have been looking at and fell in love with:
So, he won't have a crib set up, but I was thinking of this flip out sofa for him that can be put in the living area to be used for naps and eventually night time until the house is finished. What do you think?

















2 amazing comments:
I think he'll love it! That's awesome you guys are moving, but I totally understand being nervous! We need to get out of this house in the next couple years..but there are so many memories, I will cry like a baby the day we do.
Joshua will love it, and it will be really useful later in your new house.
Post a Comment