Sorry to all those waiting for an update. I've been very busy and distracted with being a mommy.
Here is our story of Joshua's birth:
We were supposed to be induced on Thursday morning, but Joshua had other plans. All day Wednesday, while out shopping around with mom I'd been having small contractions and feeling rather tired. Went to bed late that night after being all anxious for the next day. I kept getting woken up by pains that would take my breath away. I'd just breath through them and go back to sleep. At 2:30am I went to use the bathroom. My water broke on the way before I had even gotten there. I left Raul sleeping and went to wake mom up. We sat on her bed and timed the contractions. At first they were five minutes apart, but then they started spacing out and barely took my breath away. Around 4:30am Raul came out to the living room and we told him we had gone into labor. We went back to bed to rest for a bit. At 5:30am I called the hospital to let them know that we had started labor and that my water had broken. They said to come into the hospital immediately because an infection could set in. We all got up and showered, made coffee, finished gathering our things and left for the hospital.
At the hospital they admitted me and we went up to Labor & Delivery. I changed into the gown and got into the bed and got hooked up to the monitors. When Dr. Reid came in to check and see where we were we were told that we were only 1cm dialated. Because my contractions were so scattered and slowly climbing in strength I was hooked up to Pitocin to get things going. I was checked every couple of hours and still after four hours hadn't made any progress. Dr. Reid asked for the Pitocin to be upped on a regular basis to get things to progress faster. Around 8:00pm I'd only dialated to 4cm. I'd been given two doses of pain medication to take the edge off the contractions that were coming one ontop of the other at this point. I remember at one point begging the nurse not to up the Pitocin drops. After sixteen hours of labor I just couldn't handle the pain of the contractions, which were not making any progress on the labor. I asked for the Epidural. The anesthesiologist was wonderful and couldn't have done a better job. I never felt a thing. After she was finished I was able to get some rest. The nurse upped the Pitocin to 10 drops and things started progressing. By 11:30pm Dr. Reid said I was 8cm dialated and 90% effaced. She said she would check on me in an hour, if I hadn't progressed anymore I would have to have a cesarean. Well, at 12:45am on Friday morning I hadn't progressed any further. OR was called and they came up and got me. I was rolled down and prepped. This time with a stronger spinal block that would numb me from the chest down. After they had prepped me they brought Raul in. Joshua Tyler was born at 1:39am, weighing 7lbs 9oz, and measuring 20 1/4" long. He had a full head of hair and the largest eyes.
We were discharged from the hospital Sunday afternoon and everything has been wonderful since.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Joshua Has Arrived
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















0 amazing comments:
Post a Comment