Thursday, July 07, 2011
Time Out Chair
Okay. Life with a toddler is no picnic...especially when it is one like mine that is very headstrong and will do anything he can to test his boundries. I'd done the whole re-directing (such a dumb idea), I'd spanked, made him sit on his bed, nothing worked to get him to settle down or stop doing what I'd repeatedly asked him not to do. I found this amazing item called a Time Out Pad. Okay...time outs work, only if you sit right there in front of him and make him sit there. I don't have time do do that and it defeats the purpose and he gets exactly what he wanted...my attention. This time out pad is just placed on a step, the floor, a stool, or one of his small chairs like I have done. You set the time you want the child to be in time out (1-5 minutes), press start, and set the little bum down on the mat. I walk away to continue doing what I need to do...he stands up and tries to run away. BEEP, BEEP, BEEP...an alarm starts sounding causing the little bum to sit right back down. When he is halfway done with the time limit there is a light on the side that turns yellow. He will yell out, "It's yellow, Mama". At the full time limit the light flashes green and plays a little jingle that he will get up and dance to. Then we sit and have a small chat as to why I placed him into time out in the first place. Let's just say that this thing is AWESOME. He has mellowed out some and starts listening when I tell him to do something or not to do something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
















1 amazing comments:
It works? Really? I might have to try it. :)
Post a Comment