This morning I went to get Joshua who had been grunting and making small noises for about an hour. I should have grabbed my camera, but didn't think about it. Joshua had rolled onto his side and was chewing on his hands. He didn't even register that I had turned on the light and that Raul and I were standing there watching him. It upset him when we rolled him back to his back and took the blanket off...he was upset about that. He will most likely roll from his back to his stomach before he rolls from his stomach to his back.
Anyway, We decided that we won't be swaddling him anymore....at least not with the swaddle blanket. I'll use one of his light blankets or even receiving blanket to hold his arms down for the initial part of the night to get him to sleep. I just don't like that he wants his arms out and struggles to get them out, which probably wakes him up more than any arm jerks. He slept with me this morning after Raul left for work and slept for two and a half hours not being swaddled at all.
My little boy is growing up so fast.
These pictures are from his nap yesterday...caught in the act of getting out of his blanket.

Thursday, February 12, 2009
No More Swaddling
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















0 amazing comments:
Post a Comment