You don't raise heroes, you raise sons.
And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes.
~ Walter M. Schirra, Sr.

Friday, January 02, 2009

Joshua's First Meeting

Joshua had his first meeting at the Kingdom Hall last night. He cried the entire time I dressed him, then I fed him and burped him. We put him in his car seat and he of course spit up on the way there and then fell asleep.

Irma got to hold him for the first part of the book study before he decided he was hungry again. So we went to the back and I never realized how hard it was to feed him when you have no arm rests or pillows to prop him up on. Especialy since we've been feeding him at a 45 degree angle to keep him from spitting up so often. He burped and we went back to sit down....which then resulted in some smiles as he filled up his diaper again (Yes....I'd already changed him once). Went back and changed him and then came back and sat down. By now we were already in the Service Meeting portion of the night. I missed the whole TMS Review. He started fussing again which required me standing at the back rocking him. By the final song for the night he had fallen asleep. Figures!

I felt bad that he was sleeping peacefully and I had to wake him up to change him for bed. Can I get away with having him in a sleeper for Thursday night meetings?

Photobucket

I need to find some shoes for meeting. I don't think his little tennis shoes will work. He needs some black, gray, and/or brown ones to go with his dress outfits. I am going to Payless Shoes today to see what they have to offer in sizes small enough for him.

0 amazing comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...